Wednesday, June 27, 2007

2007 BET AWARD TWO-CENTS

Here's my two cent about the 2007 BET Awards.....because I can.



Best Dressed
Rihanna….She looked poised and glamorous.

Luda……Loved his blazer and white ensemble. He looked crisp and clean.

Best Moment
T.I. apologizing for his “unroyal” behavior. I was hoping he would use his win for ‘Best Hip-Hop Performer’ as an opportunity to address his behavior earlier in the week. Even Luda smiled. I guess he was pleasantly surprised as well. Oh….and did you notice that Tiny was right by his side. Those two need to quite playing and jump the broom.

Lil Kim showing up in Diddy’s performance. I love Kim.

Best Performance
Beyonce. Say what you want….She may be saturating the market with her appearances, but girlfriend knows how to put on a show…..Love it.

Ciara. Girlfriend, you got it crunk in there! And is she in shape or what…..Bow Weezy, are you sick or what????

Erykah Badu. She’s the truth. She just jams no matter what. She can really give any song an unprecedented soulful feel.

Worst Performance

Diddy. What kind of buffoonery was that? Diddy’s lip-syncing and ‘Carlton’ style dancing was so boarderline and unbearable. Once I saw Lil Kim joining in with the ‘Carlton’ dance, I just had to walk out of the room. It was just too much wackness to bear. Oh…and did Keyshia Cole realize that the BET Awards were tonight? She looked a mess…..as usual….sorry, but it’s true. (Keyshia, you know I love you.)

Chaka Khan. Now don’t get me wrong. I love me some Chaka, but I think it’s time for her to hang up the mic. First there was the Kanye West fiasco, now she out does herself and just about forgets the words in her Diana Ross tribute. Can we just enjoy Chaka in her prime and listen to her oldie but goodie songs?

Most Disappointing Performances
Kelly Rowland. From the vocal performances to her outfit choice to her over dancing, I was disappointed. Kelly can do better. She has a cute little shape, but that outfit looked a mess on her small frame. (On a brighter note, Solange did her thing.)

Ne-Yo. Help me understand how you can write some of the biggest hits of the millennium and put on a wack performance?

Robin Thicke. Vocally….what was up Robin? You’re a bad boy, but you sounded tired on stage.

Jennifer Holiday v. Jennifer Hudson
I’m going to give it to………Jennifer……..Hudson. Why? Because I felt she just did her. Jennifer Holiday – aside from looking like a made-up transvestite – appeared to be over-singing. Almost as if she was trying to prove she was the real Effie.

BET Pre-Show
Lloyd’s latest album is off the chain, but did anyone catch his pre-show performance. His hair is gorgeous. But that hair paired with that purple blouse he had on suddenly made him appear sus……You be the judge.

No comments: