Friday, October 19, 2007

NAS EXPLAINS ALBUM TITLE

Don't believe the hype about Nas' album getting halted. Not only is it hitting shelves Dec. 11, but he's decided to change the title to N*gger.


So far, N*gger has caused some strong reaction from civil-rights activists since news of the name hit the masses. The Fox News Web site quoted Reverend Jesse Jackson and representatives from the NAACP, who admonished Nas for using the N-word as his LP's name.

"I'm a street disciple," Nas responded, quoting one of his earlier album titles. "I'm talking to the streets. Stay out of our business. You ain't got no business worrying about what the word 'n*gger' is or acting like you know what my album is about without talking to me. Whether you in the NAACP or you Jesse Jackson. I respect all of them ... I just want them to know: Never fall victim to Fox. Never fall victim to the sh-- they do. What they do is try to hurry up and get you on the phone and try to get you to talk about something you might not know about yet."

"If Cornell West was making an album called N*gger, they would know he's got something intellectual to say," Nas continued. "To think I'm gonna say something that's not intellectual is calling me a nigger, and to be called a n*gger by Jesse Jackson and the NAACP is counterproductive, counter-revolutionary."

I used to love me some Nas back in the day, but he just sounds like a plum idiot. That's the biggest problem with out people - wanting to stay in the streets. You've been blessed with so much, yet you want to stay in the streets. I'm officially finished with Nas.

No comments: