Monday, August 11, 2008

LIL WAYNE'S DAUGHTER SAFE

Contrary to several internet reports, Lil’ Wayne’s daughter was not killed on Sunday night (August 10), the rapper confirmed in an exclusive statement.



Several websites reported early Monday afternoon (August 11) that eight-year-old Reginae Carter had been killed in a traffic accident.

Despite the absence of details of the reported accident, the news spread quickly, prompting fans to offer their condolences via Wayne’s MySpace page.

“It has come to my attention that there are recent reports circulating regarding my daughter. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who are genuinely concerned about Reginae and her safety. Please allow me to dispel any rumors or speculations and report that my daughter is alive, healthy and surrounded by family who care and love her dearly. The rumors are completely false and unfounded; neither Reginae nor any other member of my family has been involved in any car accident. My family and I truly appreciate the concern and support shown to us.”

“I am pleased to inform you that this report is false,” the poster went on to say. “It is merely a rumor started by someone who obviously is miserable in their own skin that they would even have the notion to attack a child.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew this was a RUMOR because as soon as I heard the news, I went on the internet, turn on the t.v. and went out to purchase the USA today newspasper the next day to find out if the rumor was true. It's ssad that someone would put out a rumor about a little girl! I did, however, sent regards out to Lil'Wayne on his myspace page because at that point in time, I didn't know the truth.