Wednesday, April 25, 2007

MINORITY REPORT: VANESSA MINNILLO , ROSIE O'DONNELL

MTV host Vanessa Minnillo is leaving Total Request Live. "I had my four years there like high school or college," Minnillo, 26, said Tuesday at a benefit for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. "I'm ready for the next chapter – what it is, I have no idea. [But] I don't want to be 48 saying, 'Hey kids, now it's Sean Preston Spears's video.' " The veejay, who recently moved in with boyfriend Nick Lachey, said there are some things she'll miss about her job. "I'm going to miss that daily live factor of anything can happen,"


Rosie O'Donnell is leaving The View in June after only one season, ABC News confirmed Wednesday morning. On Wednesday's show, O'Donnell said departure was simply a matter not being able to come to terms with the network on the length of her contract. "I wanted one year, they wanted three years," she said. "It just didn't work. And that's showbiz..." After the announcement, O'Donnell's nemesis, Donald Trump, weighed in calling her departure from The View "a good move for ABC" and claiming she was fired. O'Donnell's rep, Cindi Berger, told reporters that the ABC offer was declined because of O'Donnell's domestic responsibilities. "In the life of a mother with four kids, three years is a very long time," Berger says.

No comments: