Tuesday, April 03, 2007

TIMBALAND GETS AT SCOTT STORCH


According to the NY Post, Timbaland left no doubt who inspired his current song, "Give It to Me," at club Marquee when he announced to the shocked crowd, "Scott Storch is a bitch!"

Storch, 32, and Timbaland, 36 were once friends and professional companions, but recently it seems the two have had a fallen out. Timbaland's "Give It to Me," featuring Justin Timberlake and Nelly Furtado, contains lyrics that were thought to refer to Storch:

"I get a half a mil for my beats/You get a couple grand. Never gonna see the day that I ain't got the upper hand. I'm respected from Californ-i-a way down to Japan. I'm a real producer and you just a piano man."

However, his reps repeatedly claimed the song was not about anyone particular in the industry, but he made liars of them when he jumped on Marquee's turntable last week. With microcphone in hand, Timbo rapped along to his lyrics, yelling, "Scott Storch, I'm a real producer and you just a piano man." When he went on to yell, "Scott Storch is a bitch," it pretty much cleared up any confusion.

Storch released his own single via YouTube in March, "Built Like That," in which he lashed out against his one-time ally Timbaland for stealing producing credits on Timberlake's song "Cry Me a River," a number on which Storch worked but was given no credit.

In his rebuttal, Storch raps about Timbaland's pal Nate "Danja" Hills: "Your boy Danja got to hate you with a passion, man/He makes the hits while you taking all the credit, damn! I know the feeling, I'm with ya/Won't you tell them how I made that [bleep] 'Cry Me a River.' "

No comments: