Monday, September 10, 2007

KIM PORTER DROPS DIME ON DIDDY

So Kim Porter finally drops a dime on Puffy...No more of that "We're on different pages" BS. According to Kim, it was the rumors and eventual reality of another baby that drove her right out of the door.



According to the October issue of Essence, Kim's rudest awakening took place late last year, when she was pregnant with the couple's twin. That was when a girlfriend informed her that Combs had recently fathered a baby with another woman.

"I wasn't even coming from the place of who, what, why...I laid low and did what women do: I did my background work, collected information [about the other woman]. But I wasn't even on it like that because I was pregnant, and what was bubbling inside me was a blessing from God. I couldn't let my energy be on that. I didn't have time for any drama, trauma and bull----."

Essence reports that Kim's initial guess was right. The baby was born five months before the twins arrived. The mother was Sarah Chapman, 33, who lives in Atlanta, worked in fashion and knew Combs for several years.

Of Combs's behavior, says Porter, "It's not an original script. He's not the first man who's cheated. He's not the first man who's had a baby outside of his relationship. He's not the originator of this. But at this point in my life – I have girls now – it's a different program."

"I would have preferred to find out from him because that's a man," she says. "I know it's hard for anyone to say to their significant other, 'I've gotten into some s--- and I got a baby on the way.' But men do get caught up in things; I'm not naive to that. Still, there's a right and a wrong way to handle it. Because, most of all, we were friends. Even if I couldn't have understood it as a woman, I would have understood it as a friend."

Ultimately, Combs did approach Porter with the news, but it was after their twins were born, she says. "He told me that he may have gotten himself into a situation and he may have fathered another child outside the relationship and I said, 'Really? Well, I already knew. I'm glad you decided to be a man,' " recalls Kim. "I was like, 'Dude, this is so wack I can't even respect you right now.' And for me, once the respect is gone, I'm not even listening to you."

"I'm a Southern girl, and my home life is numero uno," she says. "I wasn't waking up feeling happy. There's no other way for me to articulate it, other than a feeling. I just wasn't feeling it, that's why I had to leave."

No comments: