Monday, November 19, 2007

BEYONCE, RIHANNA WINNERS AT AMAs

The American Music Awards took place last night. Idol alum Carrie Underwood and Chris Daughtry ruled the night visiting the podium three times each as winners. The night's other big winners included Akon (soul/R&B male), Rihanna (soul/R&B female), and Justin Timberlake (pop/rock male and soul/R&B album), who accepted his awards via satellite from Australia, where he is on tour.

Usher presented Beyonce with the international artist award, which has been given to just a handful of artists, including Michael Jackson, Rod Stewart and Aerosmith."I'm so blessed to wake up every morning and do what I love. I don't take it for granted," Beyonce said. "I'm so grateful, so honored and so humbled by this award."














Host Jimmy Kimmel (2nd from Right) takes lessons from rapper Soulja (far Right). You gotta love that American Idol winner Jordan Sparks knew the Soulja Boy

Dare I say it, I actually liked Rihanna’s performance



The opening act featuring Fergie, Will.I.Am and Nicole Schrezinger was simply too long.

No comments: