Wednesday, May 07, 2008

USHER REFUSES TO PIMP PHOTOS

There's one celebrity who refuses to cash in on parenthood by selling baby pictures to a magazine.....Usher. "In no way would I ever pimp out my child for money," Usher told Page Six.


The pop singer - upset by rumors he was trying to sell photos of his infant son, Usher Raymond V, and eager to defend his wife, Tameka, and his upcoming album, "Here I Stand" - wants to set the record straight.
"I am livid that people talk about my child," Usher told us. In fact, he has posed - for free - with his son for an "incredible" Father's Day cover for Essence magazine.


"What makes you a man more than being a father to your child? I recognize I gave anonymity away when I became an artist, but to have people try to paint a horrible picture of what's so beautiful - it's obvious someone is trying to stop something so beautiful."

As for embattled spouse Tameka - who has been blamed for the firing of most of Usher's music team, for not getting along with his mother, Jonetta Patton, and for being jealous of other women - Usher says, just get over it.
"I stand by her as a man loving my wife and being there for my child . . . Opinions are like [bleep]holes. Everybody's got one. What I will say is, this is my wife and I would hope that [people] would respect my wife and my marriage and who I have chosen to spend my life with."


Regarding talk that his album underwhelmed a few critics, Usher fumed, "It was just finished on Friday! And no one but a few international journalists have heard it yet. Everybody responded very well to it.

"They noted that it was very courageous to take this direction in my music . . . They called it timeless."

No comments: