Friday, May 23, 2008

USHER SPEAKS OF WIFE AND NEW BABY

Amid rumors of separation, Usher tells Ellen that he's a family man.


"He is my reason for living," the singer tells Ellen of his 6-month old son, Usher Raymond V, with wife Tameka. "[Aside from] my wife, obviously, for helping me have him."

In the episode airing Friday, the newlywed also says of his bride: "She's built up ... the foundation of who I am. I want to see more men standing with their women. I want to see more men be open and honest about where they are in life." And speaking of honesty, when asked what surprised him most about having a baby, the star replied with a laugh: "That I had him – that was a big surprise!" That – and "learning more and more about the beauty of fatherhood," he said. "As an African-American, to be there for my child is so important when there are so many young African-American kids without their fathers. I just want him to grow up to be as wise as he can possibly be, kind and open hearted. [Fatherhood] changes everything about me."

Of recent Internet rumors that Usher and Tameka had filed for separation, his manager Benny Medina says: "It's 100% not true. Usher and Tameka are currently traveling in Europe together as a family on his promotional tour. This rumor is completely false."

We'll see URsher!

No comments: