Monday, December 14, 2009

ERYKAY BADU READIES FOR NEW ALBUM


Erykah Badu will release her sixth studio album, "New Amerykah, Part II: Return of the Ankh," on Feb. 23, 2010 on Universal Motown. The 38-year-old Dallas, Texas, born singer says the set is called "Part II" because unlike 2008's more conscious-driven "New Amerykah Part I: 4th World War," she is "more free and full of life" this time around.

"I called it 'Part II: The Return of the Ankh' because this album is the sister of the left side of my brain -- it is the right side," Badu explained during a listening session this week at New York City's Chung King Studios. "'Part I was the left side of my thoughts -- it was more socially political and my thought process was more analytical. This time there wasn't anything to be concerned with -- the album is more emotional and flowy and talks about feelings. It reminds of the days of 'Baduizm' -- this is just about beats and rhymes in a cipher."

No comments: