Thursday, March 27, 2008

RIHANNA GIVES BACK THROUGH CHARITY TOUR

Rihanna has put together a tour titled "A Girl's Night Out" for children in need.



(pics from Wednesday night at Chicago's Vision nightclub)

"Girls always have more fun, so I thought it was a great cause for me."

Rihanna's Believe Foundation and Island Def Jam, "got together with a local foundation in three cities and Escada and [the label's fragrance] Moon Sparkle" to sponsor the event, she said.

The next "Girls Night Out" concerts are scheduled for March 28 at San Francisco's Ruby Skye and April 9 at New York City's HighLine Ballroom.

"When I was young and I would watch television and I would see all the children suffering, I always said when I grow up I want to help," she said by way of explaining why she started The Believe Foundation. "Not long after I was in the position where I could help. I started to visit all these children's hospitals and I have a soft spot for kids," she says.

"I just want to help and make sure they are happy. They can come to a Rihanna concert or have toys or gifts at Christmas."

Good to see her giving back.

No comments: