Tuesday, June 24, 2008

2008 BET AWARDS

The BET Awards went down in LA last night. DL Hughley hosted and I must say I enjoyed the show.

Alicia came looking summery and cool in her coral/ watermelon hue.

Gabrielle looked a little blah in this white floor number.

J. Hud....girl...work it. That strong blunt cut next to the curves in that body-hugging copper dress is a win-win

Jordin Sparks looks cute in this simple red dress

Keyshia Cole....not my favorite Keyshia apparel choice

Lil Kim....I don't hate it. It's actually a sophisticated look for her.

Lil Mama....as usual....WTF. One thing I can say is that she is always consistent.

This is clearly a different red carpet look, but I have to say....I love it. Rihanna looks bright, light, carefree in this little number. Plus, yellow is in!

Solange

Toccara....Am I the only who finds her voice annoying.

Trina


Now here's my two cents....because I can:

I think REV Al Green lost all his religion on stage. He was clearly feeling it and so was the entire BET audience. Only Al could get Luda, Diddy, Ashanti, Lauren London and Quincy Jones to let loose.

Chris Breezy was singing w/ his boo Rihanna hit the stage. BET ain’t slick. That made sure to put the camera on him. I was actually impressed w/ Rihanna’s vocals. Go girl! She’s doing her thing.

Latifah looked noticeably slim.

Ashanti came out and introduced her man looking uber sexy. Go girl!!! Her stylist is doing their thing. She had a little word play going on mentioning that she traded a song on Nelly’s album for her “Good Good” (the title of a track on her latest album, The Declaration) stuff…but somehow it didn’t sound like a joke. Good luck to Nelly on his new album….It’s been a minute man.

Diddy and Lauren London….WTF? This was the worst case of shameless promotion I’ve ever seen. Can we ban Diddy for a least a year from award ceremonies? One thing he did do was mention his support for Obama. Can’t get mad at young folk being interested in politics.

I see Alicia Keys was rocking the spanx under her dress tonight. Next time girlfriend keep that slit closed….LOL! On a performance note, while I loved the concept of her set….there were many things I didn’t enjoy about it. The list is long so I won’t even begin to elaborate.

Lil Weezy….He’s good on wax….lets leave the live performances alone. On another note, don’t you wonder what he tells his daughter “Lollipop” is about?

Usher proved marriage has slowed him down a bit….but wouldn’t it have been nice if Beyonce or even Young Jeezy came out.

T-Pain had an interesting set. He choose to bring to life some of his more recent tracks he had a hand in producing. Rick Ross….no shirt….what can I say. When a man that big is that bold I can’t hate
More Pics
.

No comments: