Tuesday, October 14, 2008

MARCIA SWAPS SEX FOR DRUGS


The "Brady Bunch" actress who starred as Marcia Brady admits in a new memoir she was a cocaine fiend who swapped sex for drugs, partied at the Playboy Mansion and bedded screen sibling Greg Brady.

While on-camera, the big Brady sister pined for Monkees dreamboat Davy Jones, but off-camera she dated funnyman Steve Martin and singer Michael Jackson (GV Says: I'm sure there was no bedding there).

Maureen McCormick, 52, dishes the salacious secrets in "Here's The Story: Surviving Marcia Brady and Finding My True Voice."

The tell-all tome hits bookstore shelves Tuesday and shreds what the actress describes as the "unreal perfection" of her television teen queen.

"As a teenager, I had no idea that few people are everything they present to the outside world," she writes in the book. "Yet there I was, hiding the reality of my life behind the unreal perfection of Marcia Brady."

Still, "Here's The Story" dishes plenty of dirt, with McCormick revealing she blew an interview with Steven Spielberg when she was high, and had long struggles with depression.

The book describes her post-"Brady Bunch" descent into drug addiction, parties with Hugh Hefner and Sammy Davis Jr. and an unwanted pregnancy.

Married with a teen-age daughter, McCormick has settled into a very Brady existence in California with her husband.

GV Says: Geez....this ruins everything. I don't think I can ever watch the Brady bunch series again....Thanks Marcia!!!! Oh and I'm sure her teenage daughter especially appreciates this book.

No comments: