Wednesday, August 04, 2010

MARY J BLIGE BREAKS RECORDS

Go MJB! She broke Home Shopping Network records recently.


According to a press release from HSN, the singer’s new fragrance, My Life, broke records on July 31 by selling more than 60,000 units during about six hours of air time on the shopping channel.

Part of the proceeds went to benefit Blige’s charity, The Mary J. Blige and Steve Stoute Foundation for the Advancement of Women Now, Inc. (FFAWN).

“I am thrilled with the success of My Life, the experience on HSN with Carol's Daughter and the overwhelming donations to FFAWN," the press release quoted the nine-time Grammy Award winner as saying. "I can't wait to share another touch of my heart. Thank you to all my fans – new and old – for being there for me."

Blige also took to Twitter to thank supporters. "Fam!! We did it!!! We broke records with the My Life fragrance on HSN!!! and made history once again!!! 50K sold!!!" she tweeted before the final tally of units sold was counted.

According to StyleList, the previous record holder was Blige’s former musical mentor, Sean "Diddy" Combs, who sold his Sean John fragrances for men and women on HSN back in December. The site said Blige outsold Combs in both sales and revenue, grossing an estimated $2.7 million.

My Life is the first celebrity fragrance developed by Carol’s Daughter.

No comments: