Wednesday, January 31, 2007

CURRENT MISS USA A COCAINE ADDICT TOO

Well it seems that our current Miss USA, , is not only an alcoholic but a recovering cocaine addict. Boy have times changed. "Cocaine was one of the drugs that I did use. It's hard to look back at that," she tells PEOPLE in its new issue. "I was an equal-opportunity [user] – I would try anything once." (Note to Tara, ‘Girlfriend, you don’t have to tell everything.’)

The 21-year-old Russell Springs, Ky., native spent 31 days at the Caron Foundation rehab facility in Wernersville, Pa., as part of a "second chance" offered to her by Donald Trump, co-owner of the Miss Universe organization, following press reports of underage drinking, drug use and promiscuity.

When asked about the rumored romantic escapades, she hedges: "I would talk to more than one guy at once – it doesn't mean that I was sexually active with every one of these people." It was alcohol, she says, that had the biggest hold on her. Citing a family history of alcoholism, Conner says that for many years she was "a functioning alcoholic. If I got caught [drinking], I would stop – I was able to do that."

No comments: