Monday, January 22, 2007

MONICA URGES FOR PETITION

So, after catching a brick on her latest album, The Makings of Me, is now urging fans to petition for a video for her third single, "Sideline Ho."



Perhaps, in my old age I have fallen off, but help me understand how someone grows more ghetto with age. I used to be a big Monica fan. She kept it real for us ladies back in her heyday with Brandy and Aaliyah, but Monica is now a bad episode of when "Keeping It Real Goes Wrong." What's really going on with the drug-dealer boyfriends and platinum teeth? I'm tired of seeing successful, young black sisters chasing behind people and things that mean them no good. Monica has the ability to do better and truly make a difference. Do you know how many people would kill to switch places with her? I could go on and on with this one.... I bet if she had no choice but to live the life that she emulates things would be different.

No comments: