Monday, April 28, 2008

JAY-Z BACKS LEBRON


So Jay-Z has jumped in the middle of a 3-way rivalry involving Cleveland Cavaliers Forward LeBron James, Washington Wizards Guard DeShawn Stevenson, and teen rapper Soulja Boy.
"Ask my n*gga LeBron, we so big we ain't gotta respond," raps Jay-Z on a new freestyle over Too $hort's "Blow the Whistle."

Prior to an NBA playoff game between the Wizards and Cavaliers, DeShawn dismissed LeBron as being "overrated." James, on the other hand, said that responding to DeShawn would be like Jay-Z responding to a diss from Soulja Boy. In the new song, Jay-Z boasts that LeBron is worth every dime, "Who the f*ck is overrated? If anything, they underpaid him," snipes Jay-Z on the new song. On DeShawn's invitation, Soulja Boy showed up to Game 3 of the Cavs vs Wizards playoff series in a Washington Wizards jersey, clearly inidicating his support for LeBron's opponents. "I mean, I've got to support who support me, and that's the Wizards," said Soulja Boy at the game.

Don't expect DeShawn to hop on the mic and take shots at Jay-Z though. His response to the diss was full of admiration for the hip-hop legend.
"Jay-Z is a legend. He'll go down in history. No disrespect to Jay-Z," said Stevenson. "I take it as a compliment. I like his music. I like everything he does. I would never go at a legend."
Hov, you are a married man now. Don't get stupid.

No comments: