Wednesday, April 23, 2008

JUANITA BYNUM TO APPEAR ON DIVORCE COURT

Can this couple get any lower.....According to published reports, Juanita Bynum will go on “Divorce Court” this week to end her marriage with Bishop Thomas Weeks III after her domestic abuse became public.

Televangelist Juanita Bynum says in a two-part episode of “Divorce Court” that she’s through with her marriage to minister Thomas W. Weeks III, who is on probation for assaulting her.

In episodes scheduled to air Thursday and Friday, Bynum also says she had thoughts of suicide and weighs in on a case involving domestic violence. When asked what advice she had for women in situations similar to hers, she said, “I have to make a decision … to take the love that I had for him with me. I was just trying to make it work because I don’t like losing relationships,” Bynum told Judge Lynn Toler, who hears cases on the syndicated show distributed by Twentieth Television. “All of this just kept getting swept under the rug … So you begin to adapt to a very wrong and very unhealthy marriage.”

When asked on “Divorce Court” whether she and Weeks were planning a reconciliation, Bynum said she is “done.” Bynum also was asked about rumors that she tried to commit suicide.

“Suicide crossed my mind … You know, I felt hopeless. I didn’t because the name Bynum represents a legacy of people that have gone before me and had I done that I would have given too much power to an individual to not just wipe me out but to wipe out the integrity of the legacy I was born in.”
I heard she was having money problems so I guess that's what this is all about. I'm not well known but even I wouldn't air my laundry out on divorce court.

No comments: