Sunday, April 20, 2008

50 GOES AFTER ALICIA KEYS

What did you think of Alicia Keys’ comments regarding gangsta rap in Blender?




50 cent: I don’t like Alicia Keys no more.

Rhapsody: She clarified the comments, though.

50 cent: If she thinks what they consider [to be] gangsta music is [made] to bring black people down then I think my sh*t falls into that category. I don’t like people who don’t like me. I don’t like her then because that’s what provides the life for me. I think if you ask Ice Cube the same shit, he’ll tell you, “F*ck Alicia Keys” for even saying that. Because the success he’s had as an actor and a businessman, there was no opportunity for that sh*t without N.W.A. But I don’t think that [her] classical sh*t is cool. I don’t give a f*ck if you can classically play the piano. I haven’t been classically trained, because my upbringing, nobody put me in front of a piano at that time. If they did, I would know how to do it as well as she does. I could learn how to play the piano if I was passionate about it right now. That’s obviously my perspective evaluating what she does, and I could f*ck*ng care less about the sh*t. So she don’t like the music that embodies the harsh realities because they’re not her realities. She hasn’t been subjected to the same things.

Honestly....he might want to fall back on Alicia. I can see people (meaning money supporting fans) boycotting 50 if he gets too deep with this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My boy Juan over at Highbrid Nation put me onto 50 Cent's new beef with Alicia Keys. If you ask me he's taking something very personally that was not directed at him at all. She even made an effort to clean it up and say she was talking the media in her comments. At this point I'm surprised 50 has any friends left because he's always looking for a fight. Didn't win that one with Kanye though ;)