Tuesday, April 15, 2008

MORE TROUBLE FOR WENDY WILLIAMS

Wendy Williams may have a different response to her catch phrase, "How ya doin'?!" these days.



More WBLS staffers have come forward to corroborate the sexual harassment claims made by a young female talent booker for the shock jock.

Nicole Spence, who wrangled such guests as Janet Jackson, Russell Simmons and Flo Rida for Williams' show, filed an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission complaint last month against WBLS, Williams and her husband and manager, Kevin Hunter.

While Hunter doesn't work for the radio station, he was often in the studio. Despite the presence of his wife, who is 10 years older than him, Hunter "repeatedly sexually propositioned me," Spence claims in the filing, "telling me over and over that he wanted to f- me."

According to the 29-year-old, she was pushed to the brink after "his sexual propositions escalated into the obsessive. ... He constantly told me of his desire to 'f-' me and that he had been dreaming about sleeping with me.

"Mr. Hunter said I needed 'a real man in my life to mold me into the woman that I am supposed to be,' proclaiming, of course, that he was that man."

Spence also says she feared for her safety, especially after Hunter, she claims, "repeatedly physically assaulted Ms. Williams."

"Others have come forward since we filed the complaint to support Nicole's claims," said Karen Webber, a partner in the prestigious law firm Thompson, Wigdor & Gilly, which is preparing a federal lawsuit on Spence's behalf. "They say he often called women bitches and used alcohol, and they describe his violent outbursts against Ms. Williams." Other women say they were victimized as well.

Spence, who often appeared live on the show, has been ostracized since the filing, Webber claims. As listeners know, Williams even went so far as to throw her out of the studio on the air.

No comments: