Wednesday, April 23, 2008

STAR JONES FILES FOR DIVORCE

Looks like the rumor mill last month was right.....Star Jones has filed for divorce from husband Al Reynolds.



In a statement to Entertainment Tonight, Jones, 46, says: "Several years ago I made an error in judgment by inviting the media into the most intimate area of my life. A month ago I filed for divorce. The dissolution of a marriage is a difficult time in anyone's life that requires privacy with one's thoughts."
The statement concludes as follows: "I have committed myself to handling this situation with dignity and grace and look forward to emerging from this period as a stronger and wiser woman."
Jones and Reynolds, a banker who is seven years' Jones's junior, married in 2004 in an elaborate ceremony – complete with controversial corporate sponsors – that included 500 guests and the bride's arrival at the church in a horse-drawn carriage. "Every single wedding fantasy I ever had was fulfilled, down to the most handsome groom in the history of the world," Star told reporters.
Recently, it's been a bumpy two years for the former View cohost, who parted ways with the ABC daytime program – and with its chief host and executive producer, Barbara Walters – in 2006. In early February of this year, when her TruTV (formerly Court TV) show left the air, Jones expressed pride in her efforts and in herself. In a statement at the time, she said, "Whenever there is a change in life, you re-assess, re-evaluate and decide if what you are doing ... is what you should be doing. My answer is yes."
I actually like Star so regardless of how obvious his sexual preferance was I hate that she's going through this. I hope she gets it together.

No comments: