Thursday, January 15, 2009

RAVEN STANDS STRONG

After enduring much criticism of her weight, Raven-Symone has decided to help other girls gain the self-esteem they need to face opposition.



On Thursday, the singer-actress helped to boost some of her young fans' confidence when she hosted a hundred 11- and 12-year-old girls at a Dove-sponsored self-esteem workshop in Cape May, N.J.
"People come up to me and have certain words for me, but you know what I do? I say, 'I'm healthy, I exercise, I believe in myself, and I think I’m beautiful,' " she says. "You just have to learn how to transform the pressures into something that doesn’t soak into you on a personal level. You see it, you breathe past it, you don’t let it sink into your self-esteem."
GV Says: Go girl. You look good.

No comments: