Monday, April 27, 2009

BEYONCE TOPS BOX OFFICE

Obsessed, the new Fatal Attraction-style thriller, dominated the weekend box office with $28.5 million in ticket sales -- well over what studio execs predicted.



The movie also stars The Office's Idris Elba, who plays Knowles' husband in an ideal marriage that is shattered after a psychotic coworker begins some serious stalking.

The film -- which was projected to open in the high teens -- is Knowles' top-grossing debut since her own film debut in Austin Powers in Goldmember.
Zac Efron's 17 Again and Terrance Howard’s Fighting were neck-and-neck for the No. 2 spot, with Efron's comedy taking in $11.7 million after debuting as the top movie last week and Fighting bringing in $11.4 million in its opening weekend.

The Soloist -- starring Robert Downey Jr. and Jamie Foxx -- opened at No. 4 with $9.7 million.

GV Says: Wow....who knew people! When I decided to check out Obsessed it was really for lack of nothing to do. While I love B’s singing, her acting brings little to be desired. However, I must keep it real w/ you all. Obsessed was really, really. It was money well spent. Check it out if you can. I know all my Twitter folk gave me the side-eye when I said I was going to check it out. And I even got a couple of responses that doubted my “thumbs up” rating. Told you guys it was decent!

No comments: