Thursday, April 30, 2009

TYRA BANKS STALKER CONVICTED

Tyra Banks' alleged stalker Brady Green was convicted of stalking, harassment, criminal trespass and attempted aggravated harassment Thursday morning at Manhattan's criminal court.



"The behavior was hounding," Judge James Burke said, according to the New York Daily News. The judge had listened to closing arguments Thursday morning before deciding the verdict.

Though the crime carried a possible 90-day jail sentence, Burke did not sentence the defendant to any jail time, instead instructing his lawyer, Jeffrey Berman: "Put Mr. Green in a location where he can thrive. And that location is not likely to be the city of New York." The 38-year-old defendant is a native of Dublin, Ga.

The sentence comes just one day after Banks took the stand, telling prosecutors, "I fear my safety. I feel extremely vulnerable. I fear the safety of my staff. My family. The people in my vicinity."

No comments: